Behaivoral Support Training Description
- Learn to recognize different forms of communication and the importance of getting to know the people you support. Develop positive support skills for stress and tension reduction. Develop confidence in dealing with behavioral situations that could lead to someone hurting themselves or someone else. Gain hands on knowledge of different techniques used to prevent injury to staff and the people you support while maintaining dignity and respect in a stressful situation.
- Wear comfortable, appropriate clothing to bend, lift, and stretch.
- Training is mandatory for Program Staff within first 60 days of employment
- Training is mandatory for Program Staff every year, thereafter
- Full Class = 4 Hours
- Offered every month (12 times per year)