We are pleased to offer donors various ways to give. We can accept gifts of securities through DTC transfer.
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Hiawatha Homes Foundation.
- Hiawatha Homes sells your securities and uses the proceeds for our essential programming.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer when the stock is sold.
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The “cost” of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
Give Securities Electronically (DTC Transfer)
Please provide the following information to your broker:
Account #: 5089-6401
Account Name: Hiawatha Homes Foundation
Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated
102 South Broadway, Ste 300
Rochester, MN 55904
For more information, please contact Stephanie Rudeen, Foundation Director, at 507-226-0700 or email@example.com.
Important Note for Brokers
Please call the Foundation Team at 507-226-0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org when making a gift of securities on behalf of a client using DTC transfer. We often do not receive donor information with DTC transfers so we would be unable to acknowledge the donor for their gift.
Also, please mail a copy of your client’s transfer authorization letter to the Hiawatha Homes Foundation at the address below:
Hiawatha Homes Foundation
1820 Valkyrie Dr NW
Rochester, MN 55901