Who hosts the Festival of Trees?
How are funds raised during the event?
- Admission – each year, approximately 10,000 attend.
- Cafe Tips – the complimentary Cafe is stocked with cookies and beverages at no cost to guests. Free will donations are greatly appreciated.
- Gift Thyme Shoppe – start your holiday shopping early! Your purchase will be a gift that gives twice!
- Raffles – purchase a $5 raffle ticket to win a tree from the Rochester Woodcarver’s Club or up to $5000 cash.
- Silent Auction – as you stroll through the event, you will notice several sections of silent auction items that have been donated by generous community members. Items include mini-trees, gift certificates, and themed baskets. You will have the option to place a bid with your name and phone number or “buy it now” and take it home with you.
- Underwriters – each tree is sponsored by individuals and businesses. Each Underwriter contributes $1000-$15,000 in support of Hiawatha Homes Foundation. You’ll notice the names of these generous supporters listed on the signage next to each tree.
Where can I park?
Your short-term parking needs are met with 90-minute, on-street parking, on-street metered spaces and off-street metered lots. Parking meters are enforced 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Watch for signage listing specific time limits for stalls during metered hours.
Under Rochester City Ordinance, vehicles with a state issued disability plate or tag may:
- park free at any metered space.
- park up to 4 hours in 1 hour, 90 minute, 2 hour, and 3 hour metered zones.
- receive a 50% discount when parked in a cashiered municipal ramp as an hourly customer.
Learn more about parking downtown online at: https://www.rochestermn.gov/departments/public-parking/parking-lot-ramp-locations
Information courtesy of Rochestermn.gov.
My child is performing during the event. Will I need to pay admission?
Yes, groups made up of children under the age of 18 can be chaperoned by their instructor at no cost. Friends and family attending to enjoy a loved one’s performance will be asked to purchase an admission ticket.
I want a tree! How can I get one?
Each Underwriter (sponsor) receives a tree as a benefit of being an Underwriter. Following the Festival of Trees, a group of volunteers delivers the trees to the destination of the Underwriter’s choosing.
Most frequently, the trees are delivered to a business, home or charity in town. Many Underwriters choose to donate their tree back to Hiawatha Homes for the enjoyment of those who call HH their home.
Please reach out to the HH Foundation staff if you are interested in becoming an Underwriter for the 2020 Festival of Trees!
Hiawatha Homes Foundation | (507) 289-8683
How can I get involved?
Planning will be underway in January 2020 for the 35th annual Festival of Trees – A Celebration of Giving! If you are interested in getting involved, please take a moment to complete this brief form: https://hiawathahomes.org/FOT2020