Who hosts the Festival of Trees?
This cherished event is hosted annually by Hiawatha Homes Foundation in an effort to raise funds for individuals with disabilities in Olmsted County. In 2020, the event will celebrates its 35th anniversary!
Is the format changing this year?
Yes! Although we adore the usual format, we made the decision to avoid a large congregate event in November. Our planning committee is hard at work to continue making you proud!
We promise to hold true to the foundation of the event:
1. We will celebrate the mission of Hiawatha Homes to provide quality support services to individuals with disabilities.
2. We will partner with the community to do so!
3. We will raise funds!
4. We will kick-off the holiday season together!
Why did you decide so early?
Believe it or not, the planning for the event begins in January. Our team accomplished as much as possible behind the scenes in the weeks leading up to COVID-19 reaching our area. In an effort to set our amazing volunteers up for success and proactively respond to the current conditions, our teams made the decision to make lemonade out of these lemons. Innovation, energy and committment are the key ingredients in our secret recipe!
Will the event be held at the Mayo Civic Center this year?
Unfortunately, we will not be holding a large congregate event at the Mayo Civic Center. Instead the event will be presented throughout the community. Stay tuned for the details as they unfold via this website and our Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channels.
How will you raise funds?
Funds are raised before and during the event in the following festive ways:
- Free-will Donations - donations are always accepted and put to work for those we support.
- "Ticket" Sales - many at-home and virtual events will be available for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
- Silent Auction - snuggle up on your couch and peruse the sections of silent auction items from generous community members. Items include mini-trees, gift certificates, and themed baskets. You will have the option to place a bid with your name and phone number or "buy it now" and to stop the bidding in it's tracks. Give a gift that gives twice!
- Underwriters - each tree is sponsored by individuals and businesses. Each Underwriter contributes $1000-$15,000 in support of Hiawatha Homes Foundation. You'll notice the names of these generous supporters listed on this website and on the signage next to each tree.
I want a tree! How can I get one?
Each Underwriter (sponsor) receives a tree as a benefit. The Underwriter can choose to display their tree at their business, at a local charity, or in a public location. Many Underwriters choose to donate their tree back to Hiawatha Homes for the enjoyment of those who call HH their home.
New Underwriters will be welcomed until September 25, 2020. At that time, we need to begin the final preparations to ensure we are all set for the event in November. Please reach out to the HH Foundation staff if you are interested in becoming an Underwriter for the 2020 Festival of Trees!
Hiawatha Homes Foundation | (507) 289-8683
How can I get involved?
Planning is underway for the 35th annual Festival of Trees - A Celebration of Giving! If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Hiawatha Homes Foundation at (507) 289-8683 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.