Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality support services to people with disabilities at home and in the community.
COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Efforts<br />
At Hiawatha Homes, the safety of those we support and our team members come first. We strictly abide by all guidance from MN Department of Health, Olmsted County Public Health, and the Department of Human Services. We urge you to join our team. As we navigate this pandemic, we will do it together – from a safe distance apart. To ensure safety, we have implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Business Plan. In addition, Personal Protective Equipment is provided to each employee with training on proper donning and doffing. Join our team! Let’s get through this together.
- Varied AM/PM shifts, including every other weekend
- Full-time: 72 hours/pay period
- Starting Wage: $16.60/hour
- Weekend & Late Night Awake Shift Differential Pay: $1.50/hour
- $200 bonus after 6 months and 300 hours worked
- Located in Rochester, MN
Responsibilities & Duties
The Team Leader functions as a trainer and mentor to the Direct Support Professionals and Aides within their designated program. He/she plans and monitors daily activities and routines, and provides ongoing feedback to the Direct Support Professionals and Aides. The Team Leader supports individuals with disabilities in community-based residential homes and family support services. He/she assists individuals with daily living skills development, health and wellness management, medication administration, behavioral and communication development, personal cares and community involvement. Quality support services are delivered with dignity and respect for each individual’s unique needs. The Team Leader advocates for individuals to be fully integrated into community life.
Qualifications & Skills
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- At least one year of direct care and/or residential services experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Have the ability to speak, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, and successfully complete a Hiawatha Homes driving test.
- Be able to provide proof of employment eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis upon hire.
- Successfully pass a State of Minnesota background check before working unsupervised.
- Be willing and able to work with and support both males and females.
- Successfully complete the Hiawatha Homes Medication Administration class.
As an employee, you will have the opportunity to receive the following benefits:
- Paid job training
- Shift differentials
- Paid time off
- Employer paid retirement plan
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer.
Contact Human Resources | 507-289-7222 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Rochester, MN