Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality support services to people with disabilities at home and in the community.
COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Efforts
At Hiawatha Homes, the safety of those we support and our team members come first. We strictly abide by all guidance from MN Department of Health, Olmsted County Public Health, and the Department of Human Services. We urge you to join our team. As we navigate this pandemic, we will do it together – from a safe distance apart. To ensure safety, we have implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Business Plan. In addition, Personal Protective Equipment is provided to each employee with training on proper donning and doffing. Join our team! Let’s get through this together.
- Standard business hours
- Full-time (38 hours per week
- $200 bonus after 6 months and 300 hours worked
- Based out of Rochester, MN
Responsibilities & Duties
Performs general maintenance and repair of Hiawatha Homes office buildings, program sites, vehicles and grounds.
- Ensures that snow removal is completed at each site. Removes snow on roofs and/or on surfaces surrounding the house as needed.
- Ensures that lawn maintenance is completed at each site. Removes weeds and/or leaves from agency properties and maintains landscaping as needed.
- Performs a variety of work including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, change filters on heating, ventilating and air conditioning units, services appliances and painting tasks.
- Completes repais, clean and treat structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets.
- Maintains grounds in a clean and orderly manner, replace plants as needed and trim tree branches that create hazardous situations.
- Performs drywall repair.
- Performs basic Hiawatha Homes vehicle maintenance checks and upkeep.
- Performs minor troubleshooting.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
Performs general maintenance and repair of all equipment.
- Ensures that all tools are in proper working condition.
- Maintains grounds maintenance equipment
Ensures timely and efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Reports to the main office to receive daily work tasks as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies or malfunctions to the Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager.
- Assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with people we support, staff members, vistors, and families.
- Completed the daily work activity log.
- Completed other duties assigned by the property and emergency preparedness manager, assistant property manager or CEO.
Qualifications & Skills
All applicants must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- Possesses a High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma)
- Has the ability to speak, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, and successfully completes a Hiawatha Homes driving test.
- Is able to provide proof of employment eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis upon hire.
- Successfully passes a State of Minnesota background check before working unsupervised.
- Exhibits the ability to work independently without ongoing or direct supervision.
- Has experience in maintenance, including basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting, grounds keeping, appliance repair, electrical wiring and standard practices and tools used in maintenance and repair.
- Has the manual dexterity to safely and effectively use tools.
As an employee, you will have the opportunity to receive the following benefits:
- Paid job training
- Paid time off
- Employer paid retirement plan
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer.
Contact Human Resources | 507-289-7222 | email@example.com
Location: Rochester, MN