Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality support services to people with disabilities at home and in their community.
- Morning, afternoon, and weekends
- Full-time, part-time, seasonal and on-call
- Starting Wage: $12.00/hour (potential wage increase based on experience)
- Weekend Shift Differential Pay: $2.50/hour
- $600 Sign on Bonus after 6 months of employment and 300 hours worked
- Based out of Rochester, MN
Responsibilities and Duties
A Direct Support Professional supports individuals with disabilities in community-based residential homes and family support services. He/she assists individuals with daily living skills development, health and wellness management, medication administration, behavioral and communication development, personal cares and community involvement. Quality support services are delivered with dignity and respect for each individual’s unique needs. A Direct Support Professional advocates for individuals to be fully integrated into community life.
Qualifications and Skills
All applicants must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be able to speak, write, and comprehend the English language
- be able to successfully pass a State of Minnesota background check
- be willing/able to work with and support both males and females
- be able to provide proof of employment eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis upon hire
- have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for the safe transportation of supported individuals
We offer flexible schedules, valuable experience, paid training, PTO, health benefits, and 401k.
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer.
Contact Heather Ringelstetter, Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist | 507-226-0732 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Rochester, MN