Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality support services to people with disabilities at home and in their community.
- Morning, afternoon, and weekends
- Full-time, part-time, seasonal and on-call
- Starting Wage: $12.50/hour (potential wage increase based on experience)
- Weekend Shift Differential Pay: $2.50/hour
- $2.00 late night differential
- $200 bonus after 6 months and 300 hours worked
- Based out of Rochester, MN
Responsibilities & Duties
A Direct Support Professional supports individuals with disabilities in community-based residential homes and family support services. He/she assists individuals with daily living skills development, health and wellness management, medication administration, behavioral and communication development, personal cares and community involvement. Quality support services are delivered with dignity and respect for each individual’s unique needs. A Direct Support Professional advocates for individuals to be fully integrated into community life.
Duties may include:
- Routine daily living tasks (i.e. meal/menu prep, grocery, shopping, grooming, bathing, etc.)
- Going out to events in the community
- Learning healthy relationship habits
- Complete all documentation and support services as required.
- Ensure a safe home/workplace environment
Qualifications & Skills
All applicants must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be able to speak, write, and comprehend the English language
- be able to successfully pass a State of Minnesota background check
- be willing/able to work with and support both males and females
- be able to provide proof of employment eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis upon hire
- have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for the safe transportation of supported individuals
As an employee, you will have the opportunity to receive the following benefits:
- Paid job training
- Shift differentials
- Paid time off
- Employer paid retirement plan
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer.
Contact Human Resources | 507-289-7222 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Rochester, MN