Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality support services to people with disabilities at home and in the community.
COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Efforts
At Hiawatha Homes, the safety of those we support and our team members come first. We strictly abide by all guidance from MN Department of Health, Olmsted County Public Health, and the Department of Human Services. We urge you to join our team. As we navigate this pandemic, we will do it together – from a safe distance apart. To ensure safety, we have implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Business Plan. In addition, Personal Protective Equipment is provided to each employee with training on proper donning and doffing. Join our team! Let’s get through this together.
- Morning, afternoon, weekends, and overnight (awake)
- Full-time, part-time, seasonal, reverse seasonal and on-call
- Starting Wage: $15.10/hour
- Weekend & Awake Late Night Shift differential pay: $1.50/hour
- $200 bonus after 6 months and 300 hours worked
- Based out of Rochester, MN
Responsibilities & Duties
A Direct Support Professional supports individuals with disabilities in community-based residential homes and family support services. He/she assists individuals with daily living skills development, health and wellness management, medication administration, behavioral and communication development, personal cares and community involvement. Quality support services are delivered with dignity and respect for each individual’s unique needs. A Direct Support Professional advocates for individuals to be fully integrated into community life.
Duties may include:
- Routine daily living tasks (i.e. meal/menu prep, grocery, shopping, grooming, bathing, etc.)
- Going out to events in the community
- Learning healthy relationship habits
- Complete all documentation and support services as required.
- Ensure a safe home/workplace environment
Qualifications & Skills
All applicants must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be able to speak, write, and comprehend the English language
- be able to successfully pass a State of Minnesota background check
- be willing/able to work with and support both males and females
- be able to provide proof of employment eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis upon hire
- have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for the safe transportation of supported individuals
As an employee, you will have the opportunity to receive the following benefits:
- Paid job training
- Shift differentials
- Paid time off
- Employer paid retirement plan
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer.
Contact Human Resources | 507-289-7222 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Rochester, MN