Join the Hiawatha Homes family! Hiawatha Homes provides quality support services to people with disabilities at home and in their community.
Position Information – Note: This position is for applicants who are currently 17 and will be turning 18 within 60 days of hire.
- Morning, afternoon and weekends
- Part-time, seasonal and on-call
- Starting Wage: $11.70/hour
- Weekend Shift Differential Pay: $2.50/hour
- $600 Sign on Bonus after 6 months of employment and 300 hours worked
- Locations in Rochester, MN and Oronoco, MN
Responsibilities and Duties
A Direct Support Aide is 17 years of age and turning 18 within 60 days of hire, and supports individuals with disabilities in community-based residential homes and family support services. He/she assists individuals with daily living skills development, health and wellness management, behavioral and communication development, personal cares and community involvement. Quality support services are delivered with dignity and respect for each individual’s unique needs. The Direct Support Aide advocates for individuals to be fully integrated into community life.
Qualifications and Skills
All applicants must:
- Be 17 years of age, turning 18 within 60 days of hire.
- Have the ability to speak, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Be able to provide proof of employment eligibility and proof of being free from tuberculosis upon hire.
- Successfully pass a State of Minnesota background check before working unsupervised.
- Be willing and able to work with and support both males and females.
We offer flexible schedules, valuable experience, paid training, PTO, health benefits, and 401k.
Hiawatha Homes is an equal opportunity, affirmative action and veteran-friendly employer.
Contact Heather Ringelstetter, Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist | 507-226-0732 | email@example.com
Location: Rochester, MN